Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bush's Speech

I hope everyone was watching this tonight because the speech was well said, and to me was his best speech yet.

photo from FNC



quotes:


"In all three aspects of our strategy -- security, democracy, and reconstruction -- we have learned from our experiences, and fixed what has not worked. We will continue to listen to honest criticism, and make every change that will help us complete the mission. Yet there is a difference between honest critics who recognize what is wrong, and defeatists who refuse to see that anything is right."




Dumbocrats blood must be boiling after that...and this too:



"Defeatism may have its partisan uses, but it is not justified by the facts. For every scene of destruction in Iraq, there are more scenes of rebuilding and hope. For every life lost, there are countless more lives reclaimed. And for every terrorist working to stop freedom in Iraq, there are many more Iraqis and Americans working to defeat them. My fellow citizens: Not only can we win the war in Iraq, we are winning the war in Iraq."




Win?? how dare he say we can win this war..../sarc


"I also want to speak to those of you who did not support my decision to send troops to Iraq: I have heard your disagreement, and I know how deeply it is felt. Yet now there are only two options before our country -- victory or defeat. And the need for victory is larger than any president or political party, because the security of our people is in the balance. I don't expect you to support everything I do, but tonight I have a request: Do not give in to despair, and do not give up on this fight for freedom."




It's that simple ..all the anti anti people need to stop bitching about shit that's been explained over and over again and start supporting our troops and the effort to be victorious against these fucks that want nothing more but to kill us all.



The entire speech was good. What hit me most was when he mentioned the families of the deployed soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and around the world during the holidays. I too know what it's like to have a loved one deployed because my sister is over there right now sacrificing herself for this great country and the world. You know, many people say that Bush isn't a good communicator or that he's dumb, but to me he is a good communicator and doesn't fake it when he talks. I mean sure he may have his moments, but like the speech today and many others, he shows that he really cares as a president and as a person for this country and it's citizens. He shows compassion for the families who have loved ones over seas, and the troops who are every day sacrificing themselves for us to protect our freedoms and help others to have freedom.


That's how a president is suppose to be at a time of war.


*credit to blogs for bush for the speech transcript and the updates.

No comments:

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates